A coastal village with 1079 inhabitants. It is 43,5 km to the Northwest of Pyrgos distance from kastro kyllinis village 3 km. The area has been populated since the Prehistoric Times. In the ancient Times it was the haven of Ileians. It flourished during the Frankish domination when it was called Glarenia becoming not only an important port, but also a commercial and economic center. It was named Killini after the name of a nearby ancient town. It was surrounded by powerful walls with battlements and towers.
Today important port for access to the Ionian
Islands of Kefalonia and Zakinthos (Zante)